Saturday, April 23, 2011

Male Irritation

You know...Finding good guys seems impossible sometimes.  Finding guys with good qualities isn't really as hard as you would think.  The problem is that almost every guy does things that are so irritating that it makes it nearly impossible to see past it.    So, this post is for you guys.  We know you don't mean to be annoying, so I'm giving you a few things that I hate the most, in hopes that you will try to analyze your actions and make sure you aren't doing any of the following.  I know 5 will never be enough, but I think we need to take it slow.  Ok.  Here it is:

The 5 Things I Hate Most About Guys!!


1. Guys who think they're hilarious!!


  This is for those guys who are basically full of themselves.  They talk non-stop about how great their sense of humor is, and how funny they are, and oh...the world would just break into pieces if it weren't for them cracking the funniest darn jokes all day long.  Yeah, that's right ladies.  You know what I'm talking about; they guy who always laughs harder at his own joke than anybody else does.  We love a sense of humor, but please...don't be arrogant.  (this goes for other things too, this one just happens to be a pet peeve of mine)

2. Touchy-Feely!


Yeah, I know you're just being nice, and in our generation of huggers (hug everybody hello, hug everybody goodbye. What happened to "hey guys!" with a wave???), it's considered the norm, and it's "excusable".  Well, it's not that I don't like being touched, it's just that I don't like it when guys assume they have the right to put their arm on my shoulder, or poke me, tickle me, hug me, squeeze my sides, grab my face, rub my back ETCETERA, ETCETERA!  If a girl goes for the hug, that's great.  Just don't assume we don't care.  It's insulting.

3. You think you're always right!


I firmly believe that guys are supposed to be the leaders in relationships, marriages especially.  They need to make the big decisions, and support their family.  As wives we need to submit to our husbands.  BUT guys need to be respectful of our opinions.  They need to at least hear us out.  If we have 2 different views on a subject, don't immediately shoot mine down.  Just give it some thought.  That's all I'm asking.

4.Doors.


If you and I are both walking up to a door at the same time...DON'T YOU EVER, EVER NEVER EVER EVER open it, and walk through first.  Hold the door.  Honestly, it takes two seconds.  It's extremely rude to walk through first.  I'm not saying walk around to our side of the car and open it for us to get out (that would be nice, but not really required), just use some common courtesy. 

5. EWWW!!!


Alright, this is last, but absolutely not least.  USE SOME STINKING DEODORANT.  There's nothing better than a guy that smells nice, and nothing worse than a guy that smells bad.  If you have a problem, go get the prescription stuff.  End of story.

Just use your brain.  This stuff is pretty obvious, yet almost every guy I know does fails to meet at least 1 of these 5 requirements. 

P.S. It's really quite messed up when you have a girlfriend, and you STILL are touchy-feely with us.  It makes us feel extra awkward, too.

6 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! I love you! bahaha and this is soooooo true!!
    Number 1 and 3 are basically just pride. Ugh I hate guys who think they're all that great and amazing, even if they're joking cuz it feels like they'll never be honest with you about themselves.
    I don't know about the door thing, sometimes I just want to pull a feminist remark with a "I can open my own door!"
    BO!!!! ewweweww and sweaty BO!! ewewew however, one thing I hate is guys that go overboard on cologne!! what kind of smell is he trying to hide O.o and most of the time that stuff reeks even in small amounts. since when is musky attractive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and the hugging thing! forgot bout that one. I agree. I don't want to have to think, "are you just hugging me all the time for some sick, perverted inner satisfaction?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell it like it is, girl hahahaha it's so true; most girls consider this stuff common knowledge but a lot of guys are completely oblivious to the fact that they need to work on one or more of these things. Awwww chivalry isn't COMPLETELY dead, it's just an endangered species :p I agree though, it's definitely appreciated and should be happening more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, you couldn't have been more blunt... Remember guys need it blunt. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha this post made my day!!!! All of that is so true. I can't stand guys who think they're all cool and they don't have to try to get a girl. They need to be humble! Awesome job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha I love the bluntness of it! WIth guys, you need to tell them straight up or else they just don't take the hint....that'd be on my list too...hahaha.
    I love the funny thing although I know several girls who do the same thing, hehe.
    I HATE when guys with girlfriends still try to hug every girl in sight. They're either trying to make their gf jealous, or they just can't control themselves which might be even worse!? Anywayyyyys, love this. :)

    ReplyDelete