Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm WAY ahead of you!

Ugh. Today has been crazy...and awful.  
Progression: I was a few minutes early to my chiropractor appointment.
               I was on time dropping my brother off at his appointment.
               I cleaned a bunch of things out of my car.
               I made the time to pack myself a dinner, instead of buying food.






Regression: I made a total mess of the bathroom counter while I was getting ready, and left it there.
                  I left some garbage in my car (two steps forward, one step back, right?)
                  I left every single cabinet door wide open in my kitchen while I was looking for something.
                  Finally, I was lectured on my state of disorganization. ......


That last point is in the 'regression' column for a good reason.  Tell me if any of you know what I'm talking about in the following scenario.


You have a problem.  You decide to fix that problem all on your own.  You're determined, and feeling great about the project at hand.  This can be cleaning a dirty bathroom, renewing your license, attacking personal character faults, or starting a project to organize yourself.   Then somebody decides to come along and TELL you to do it.  They TELL you that there's a problem, and TELL you the best way they think it should be fixed.


Result?   Immediate loss of all determination and motivation previously held.


Maybe you're not like that, but I am, and this is what happened to me tonight.  As of this minute, getting organized is the very last thing I want to do. I'm crabby and frustrated because all the negative points about everything I do have been brought up and smashed in my face.


Despite my obstinacy, I've decided to keep going.  I will do my best to ignore what I heard tonight, and focus on the job at hand.  I thank this blog for that decision.  This just might be my key to success.


Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I think we're a LOT alike and we're right now discovering this.

    Let's be best of friends, k?

    lol I feel the same way about deciding to do something, not yet taking action on it, then my mom or dad tell me to do it. Totally spoils it. They never know that you were going to be selfless or responsible and do the task anyway.

    ReplyDelete